Try our Moroccan authentic hassle free recipe for pancakes or “baghrir” as called in Moroccan language.
Baghrir is a Moroccan twist to pancakes but they are very light and spongy and for sure very delicious.
- 300gr semolina
- 50gr plain flower
- 1tsp yeast
- 14gr baking powder
- 1tsp sugar
- 600ml warm water
- Vanilla extract (optional)
Cooking time: 25mins
- In blender put semolina, flower, yeast, baking powder, sugar, and vanilla then pour water and blend them for about 5 mi.
- Leave the batter aside in room temperature for 15 min
- In a non-sticky fry pan, start cooking the pancakes just one side (don’t turn them over), once its cooked you will see the batter forming 1000 wholes
- Make sure you pour honey on them while they still warm and enjoy them with a cup of Moroccan mint tea